Our Journey To You

This is the story of our adoption journey to our daughter Kaleigh in China


Click Here to get this from FreeFlashToys.com!

Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Update

I just wanted to let everyone know that China updated their site today and shows that they have given out the referrals for the month and the good news is that they did more days than last month but the bad news is that they only gave out 9 days worth. So for all of those who keep asking when and how much longer please say a prayer that God convinces China to speed the process back up because right now it is looking like a long time from now since the referral span for this bunch is June 7th thru June 15th.

I must admit that this process is much more difficult than I realized that it would be. I knew that the referral time stretching back out was a possibility but when it shortened after we started the process I didn't expect to come to a screeching halt like it has. I can now say that I know what women with fertility problems and those parents who are in the adoption process are going through. You spend months working so hard to get the paperwork ready and stressing over the homestudy and wondering if you are going to say the right things and do the right things so that your social worker feels that you would be a good parent. Then once you run and run and get this and that notarized and hand deliver things to the agency so that you don't have to wait on the mail to get it there. Then you have to sit back and wait on your government to get everything state sealed and authenticated, which is frustrating because you have no control over this part of the process. Then you wait for your paperwork to be sent to China and then you wait for China to log you in (that is the LID date) and then you start counting down the days (more like months) until you receive your referral. I think this part is the most difficult or at least it is for a control freak like myself. I have absolultely no control over what happens now, everything is in the hands of the CCAA (China Center for Adoption Affairs) and they are not doing things at the rate that I want. Anyway I know that I need to stop complaining, as I have been told by many people it will happen in God's time. I must admit as hard as I am trying to trust in his timing it doesn't always make the wait easier. Sometimes it helps but other times... well I just sit down have a good cry and try to get busy doing something to take my mind off of it.

Anyway I know this is not the stuff that you want to hear but sometimes I just need a place to vent my feelings.

1 Comments:

  • At Friday, May 26, 2006 8:59:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    We just wanted to let you know that our thoughts and prayers are with you. Thank you for keeping us posted. I am so excited for you! Love Ya!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home