Our Journey To You

This is the story of our adoption journey to our daughter Kaleigh in China


Click Here to get this from FreeFlashToys.com!

Friday, June 30, 2006

Not another update on the closet

I know everyone is anxiously waiting on another addition of Kaleigh's closet, but tonight I just have to share my evening with you.

I walked outside to talk to Brent while he was turning off the sprinklers and to see what the dogs were barking at. I looked across the street and saw that one of our neighbors had two dogs who had escaped. Of course, everyone knows how much Brent and I love our dogs, so I walked across and tried to round them up and ring the door bell. No one answered for a few minutes and then she came around the house looking for them. We stopped to talk for a few minutes and then she asked me to wait for a minute and she went inside and came back out with her niece Sophie who just happens to be from China. This was the second time that I have met Sophie and I just love her. She is so sweet. After a few minutes she let me hold her and I LOVED IT!!!!! I wish I could express to you how excited and happy it made me to hold this baby. She would just snuggle up to me and laugh and pat on me. Brent, of course, worries that it will make the wait harder for me, but I just feel so refreshed after I see her. It felt so right to hold her and just reinforced my belief that we are following Gods plan for us. It also helps to talk to some one who knows (because she shared the experience with her sister) what we are going through. She kept reminding me that yes I am "pregnant" and that this will happen. I told her about the support group I have in the other three couples in the area that are adopting with us and she talked about how she wished that her sister had that same type of support while she was going through the process. Anyway I could ramble on and on about how wonderful the time was with Sophie but I don't think anyone who is not on this journey will understand it exactly like it was. Trust me when I say that no matter how hard this wait is, when we get Kaleigh I know that it will be worth every second of the journey.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home